Follo Us For Latest Update | Check The Latest Post | Share Post With Your Friends
:::: MENU ::::

Sunday 10 December 2017

Fender Play – Instructional, Learn to Play Guitar Lesson Platform for Beginners


Fender Play

I learned how to play the guitar in my teens & 20's, but I learned tabs and chords only. However, I do know how to read music and understand meter/beats from playing other instruments. I haven't progressed beyond being able to play some simple songs and chords.



I picked up Fender Play so I could learn some exercises and be able to pick up the guitar again in easy bite-sized pieces without having to take lessons or spend too much time. I don't have much time and I have a terrible attention span.



I enjoy that Fender Play allows you to pick a genre you like so you learn the basics with achievable riffs and pieces of songs that are familiar to you. I started with Rock and liked that the first few bits of songs you learn are the Rolling Stones & Stone Temple Pilots but you can pick Rock, Blues, Folk, Country or Pop. 

You can keep on returning to lessons to master something, stick to a path and move on, or hop around if you're fairly experienced but want to learn how to do things the correct way. I appreciate that the videos show a lot of angles; you can look at the instructor head on as if they were in front of you but you also look down at the fretboard in an angle to compare what it looks like to you.

 I like that chords are shown in tab form beneath videos, but I was already familiar with tabs. There were videos about parts of the guitar and identifying the strings but there probably could have been lessons on what the tabs meant for folks who don't know about tabs.


Fender Play

So far, it's easy to use, and helpful but nothing is revolutionary. I could probably piece together similar lessons from YouTube, but it wouldn't be in as nice of a progression as this provides. It's clearly set up to teach you smart lessons, then reward you with learning a song to cap each lesson. 

This is meant to help someone pick up a guitar and get started playing songs and chords quickly, but is not meant for in depth music theory and isn't meant to teach someone learn how to read music. That said, it would be helpful (in my opinion) to overlay some graphics on top of the video that highlight strings, notes and chords and indicate what they look like on written music/staff.

 Also, when discussing beats including whole notes, half notes, quarter notes, it would be great to have graphics to show what that is for people who are familiar with music. It doesn't have to get into it very much but this could be helpful for someone transitioning from piano to guitar for example. There are a ton of songs and I expect them to add more songs to the mix.


 I think it would be cool to have an online community so you can set aside time to learn stuff with other people or cheer people on or for others to record themselves learning and get some actual feedback because this is a series of videos with no way of providing insight into if you're succeeding or not. Just a thought... this is brand new so I get the sense they're building upon it.

tldr: This is a nice and basic way for a returning or learning guitar player to learn how to start to play the guitar and get started playing songs quickly. The lessons are bite sized so you can just spend a few minutes a day or sit down for a longer lesson. This isn't meant for someone who wants to in-depth music theory or for someone who wants to learn how to read music

Here is the all feature and details of this product
please comment and review this product

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A call-to-action text Contact us